Translate

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Chinese New Year 2017

Happy Chinese New Year to all Chinese and Chinese related people! The year of the rooster. It had been a wonderful short holiday for me to spend to celebrate this festive season.
This photo was taken at Bintang Plaza in Miri, Sarawak on 28th of January.
On the night of this special Lunar New Year, I could even barely had the limit to sleep due to lights flashing and booming in the midnight sky, or what we knew them as fireworks. Even my neighbour put up the firecrackers that it cracked so loud that I had to cover my ears. Such a long night but these fireworks had some strange beauty in my eyes that I even ignore the predicaments at the moment of watching those fireworks.

Then another pretty exciting and astonishing story just came about just a few moments ago. That was when my family and I went to Lawas (my father's hometown) to visit our long lost relatives from The Land Below The Wind (Sabah). Too much of hoping to meet them in Lawas, we got there just to find they were already on their way back to Sabah.

"Just go to Sipitang. There's nothing to lose." I told them as soon as my father finished talking on the phone with his long lost cousin about meeting in Sipitang, a small town located in Sabah. So we just went there. To be serious, I was very exhauted even after the meeting also even when I am updating this blog. *sigh*

To make this long story short, we somehow agreed to have a small feast at the satay stalls near the seashore after we met for the first time (except my father). There, we sat at the tables linked together to join arm in arm as a family once more. Although my cousins sit at the other tables not linked to our table. We sat there, having coconuts and satay of chicken and beef, tell each other how our lives had been for the past 43 years and mostly about children.

Luckily I immediately asked for their Facebook and Instagram contacts so that we could stay in touch. We took a few... or a bunch of selfies and eventually asked a passerby to take the whole photo of us with our long lost cousins. I was like what the heck, do I even looked like my cousin? If I had known, I would have worn spectacles instead of contact lenses, then may be I would looked the same. Anyway, hope we can meet again in the future.

My brother and I (in red) took photos with our cousins from Sabah. They thought the guy in the grey shirt had a resemblance of me so they told him to take off his spectacles and I cannot even comment if we were similar.

They looked like hot stuffs if compared to me. Seriously, they already reached thousands of followers on Instagram while I only had just over a hundred.

There they are, my father's cousins with their spouses and my parents in this photo. Seriously, too many coconuts in the photo.

Happy Lunar New Year once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment