Translate

Friday 11 May 2018

The New Malaysia

The change in the government of Malaysia has never happened before for the past 60 years until GE14 (14th General Election) took place on 9 May 2018. The opposition coalition party won the election over the former government party that has never been beaten until recently. It would be a new change in the administration of Malaysia. Even though I am not eligible to vote yet, but I do know this election is a major news around the globe, a mark of history in Malaysia. Perhaps this event will be mentioned in a lot of school textbooks in the future.

My mother complained about her index finger being dipped with ink. Well, the perks of being a woman who liked to look pretty I suppose. My parents went voting though. However, the parliamentary seats in my state falls to the new opposition party which was the former ruling party. You know, I am in Sarawak so obviously the new opposition got a place here since the parliamentary seats in Sarawak that they won contributed the most seats in GE14.

I even read twitters about some areas where the votes were counted, the votes were counted for the 4th round. Why would they count thousands of votes that much for 4 times? Can't accept the defeat or what? I hope no corruption is involved because of this reason and also for this reason.

Anyway, I am glad that the 7th Prime Minister of Malaysia is Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, who was also the 4th Prime Minister of Malaysia. At the age of 93, he would be the world's oldest living Prime Minister or leader ever! I am really looking forward to this new era. May Malaysia soar upwards and its people becoming more educated and well behaved.



Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad - 7th Prime Minister of Malaysia. source: google images
Today I breathed a new air. The air of the new Malaysia. Never been this glad about the change in the government party. Democracy is definitely at work. Anyway I had been wondering, what will happen to the last Prime Minister(Najib Razak)? Is there any further news about him? Well, it does not matter. As long as Malaysia, my country has a new Prime Minister who will bring big changes in Malaysia once more! Hopefully about the education systems in Malaysia which had been terribly wrong and the issue of GST. I got this vibe that it was like another new independence happened in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment